Process and Criteria
The St Pius X Mission emphasises the spirit of community, which forms the basis of the education offered at our school. An Application for Enrolment is an acknowledgement of the parent’s desire to support the school in all its endeavours in building Christian Community.
Should you require further information about the school prior to entering into this process, you are most welcome to:
- Arrange to meet with the Principal or Deputy Principal. Either of these people would be delighted to show you around the school and answer any questions you may have regarding the curriculum
- The Principal conducts tours once per term
The process is normally as follows
- Complete and return the Application for Enrolment, included with the Prospectus, with a copy of the child’s Birth Certificate
- A letter of acknowledgement is sent from the school and an interview with the Principal is arranged. In the case of Reception students this interview would normally occur 12 months prior to commencement of school
- Following the interview an offer of placement or a letter of non-acceptance will be sent from the school
- The process of acceptance includes an enrolment agreement between parents and the school and a confirmation of $75.00 per family is requested.
Children may begin Reception at the commencement of Term 1 if they turn five years of age before 30th April. They may begin Reception at the commencement of Term 3 if they turn five years of age between 1st May and 31st October in that year. To make the transition easy from pre-school to St Pius X School, your child will be involved in an induction program prior to beginning school.
The following criteria, approved by the School Board, are a guide to the selection procedures used. As a Catholic Parish School, priorities will be given to:
1(a) Siblings of existing St Pius X School students
1(b) Catholic children who live within the parish boundaries
2 Catholic children who do not live within the parish boundaries
3 Children of St Pius X School old scholars
4 Children from other faith communities
5 Children from families who identify with the philosophy of St Pius X School