Thank you to families who have generously donated non-perishable food items or gift vouchers for the Vinnies Winter Appeal. It’s not too late to donate if you haven’t had a chance.
Please send donations to your child’s class in a plastic shopping bag by this Thursday.
Your support is greatly appreciated by our local Vinnies Conference.
The Board met on Monday evening with 5 of the 6 members in attendance and several items were discussed including -
- A member of the Board is currently exploring a way for St Pius X parents to sell/swap unneeded school uniform between families. Watch this space.
- The new building development (1D) is making significant progress. At this stage we are on track for end of September completion.
- The 2020 Annual report has been published on our school website and is also available with this Newsletter. This report is a requirement of the Commonwealth Government as outlined in the Schools Assistance Act. The Report includes some high level performance criteria such as enrolment numbers, student attendance and community satisfaction results.
- An after school/evening school disco event is being planned for early next term - whilst waiting for your child at this disco, you are invited to drop by the OSHC room to enjoy some cheese and a glass of wine! The school would love to hear from you about how we can further enhance 'community' at our school - please bring along any ideas you may have - we look forward to seeing you there! Details about the school disco will be shared soon.
In order to ensure the safety of your children and to enable us to accurately record their attendance on any given day it is vital that all parents/caregivers inform us when their child will be absent via one of the following methods before 8:30am -
- Call the dedicated number - 8266 9495
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schoolzine – use the online form on the Szapp
Please note that a message to a teacher via Seesaw is not a reliable method of informing the school of a student absence.
If you have a child born between 1st November 2017 and 31st October 2018 and you would like them to attend Reception at St Pius X School in 2023 please submit an Application for Enrolment as soon as possible.
Application Forms are available from School Reception or contact us on 8266 9400.
Interviews for students commencing Reception in 2023 in either Term 1 or 3 will be offered in August to those families who have submitted and Application for Enrolment form.
Thank you to everyone who came along to the “All at Sea” Quiz Night. It was a fun night. We raised valuable funds towards a sun shelter for the school yard. The amount raised will be reported when calculated.
To Nev, George and Ri from “Do You Quiz” for hosting, entertaining and making everything run smoothly - we appreciate the support they have given our community over many years - thank you!
A big thank you to the families and businesses that supported our Quiz Night with donations of prizes. There were lots of happy winners on Saturday night!
If you get the opportunity, please support the businesses that support our school:
- Mint Fashion Boutique
- Subway Greenacres
- PKF Accountants
- Stampin Sally (on-line stamping, scrapbooking and craft products)
- Mega Courts
- Join the Joneses (on-line pamper packs)
- Kaisercraft Ingle Farm
- Good Price Pharmacy Windsor Gardens
- Bunnings, Windsor Gardens
- The Windsor Hotel
- Lambrook Wines
Finally, thank you to everyone who helped – collect donations, doing paperwork, setting up, monitoring the ticket sales, creating prize baskets, making table decorations, setting up the hall and packing up afterwards. So much behind the scene work goes into each event.
Please clearly label all your child's personal items with their name - everything including lunch boxes, drink bottles, hats and clothing!
Items found and brought to the school office which have a child's name attached are returned to the child via their class boxes.
There are a large number of unnamed/unclaimed items in the lost property container in the student entry foyer - they will be placed on a table in the courtyard next Thursday from 9:00am for collection/selection/give away etc.